The Whisky Library's private bottle
The Cambus distillery was founded near Stirling in 1836 by John Mowbray. There had already been malt whisky distillation at that location since 1806, but the owner decided to convert the equipment into a grain whisky distillery in 1836. By the end of the 20th century Cambus was owned by UDV, who decided to close the facility in 1993. On the nose is lemon meringue pie, caramel and soft peppery hints. On the palate is heavy honey notes with nutmeg, butterscotch and a hint of strawberry. The finish is milk chocolate, red apple, brown sugar and cinnamon.