The Whisky Library's private bottleThe Whisky Library's private bottle! Only 170 bottles produced. Bottled at cask strength 53.6%. On the nose is sweet vanilla, apples, pineapple and caramel. The palate is custard, butter shortbread, and gentle herbs. The finish is fruity with gentle oak and spice. Constructed in 1876 by John Duff [see Longmorn, Benriach] Alexander Allen, H.M.S. Mackay (a man, not a ship) and the owner of Tobermory. Always one of the Speyside blending powerhouses, its four stills were increased to six in 1962 and since 1971 it has shared its site with Mannochmore.