Brackla whisky was selected by King William IV to be his whisky at the Royal Court. In 1833  Brackla Distillery became the first whisky distillery to be granted a Royal Warrant by order of the King. This made Royal Brackla one of only three distilleries to bear the name 'Royal', the others being the active distillery Royal Lochnagar and the demolished distillery Glenury Royal. Queen Victoria renewed Brackla's Royal Warrant in 1838.The nose is oak spice and floral barley form a core from which brandied cherries, cut grass and citrus peel emerge. On the palate is njoyably oak-y, with orchard fruit, vanilla and white chocolate adding sweetness. The finish is creamy, medium length finish.